Terms and Conditions
Memberships are limited and therefore subject to availability and approval. Members must be at least 18 years of age.
Memberships are non-refundable
. Only Play-by-Play account holders can make a reservation, pick up tickets and attend an event using Play-by-Play tickets.
The annual cost of a Play-by-Play online membership is $99 plus a $16 processing fee. A double membership is $198 plus a $24 processing fee.
A single membership may reserve up to two tickets from the available inventory, unless otherwise indicated. A double membership may reserve up to four tickets from the available inventory, unless otherwise indicated.
For each ticket reserved, members are required to pay a service fee of typically $4.50 per ticket. Upon joining, each member creates a debit account. The service fee is automatically deducted from this account with each ticket that is reserved.
A member may not reserve more than one production per show time.
The selling of tickets acquired through Play-by-Play is strictly prohibited by law and will result in the immediate cancellation of membership (without refund) as well as appropriate legal action.
The information provided to members on the Play-by-Play website is confidential and intended for the use of Play-by-Play members only. Members found disclosing such information in any public setting deemed inappropriate (i.e. chat rooms, social media, websites, theaters), by Play-by-Play management, may have their membership immediately revoked (without refund).
Play-by-Play personnel and venue management reserves the right to refuse tickets for inappropriate dress and or conduct.
Play-by-Play reserves the right to increase all membership fees and the right to change the Terms and Conditions at its discretion.
Any concerns about the Terms and Conditions must be discussed and resolved with a Play-by-Play representative before applying for membership or reserving tickets.
COLLECTING COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS
Play-by-Play members are required to collect the complimentary tickets at the box office or other designated locations during the time period stated in RED on the reservation page of the listing. Please remember, venues need Play-by-Play members to follow the designated pick up instructions so as not to interfere with the arrival of paying patrons. Venue management reserves the right to withhold Play-by-Play tickets collected outside of the designated time period.
All members are required to have government issued photo identification
in hand when collecting tickets. Play-by-Play and venue personnel reserve the right to withhold tickets if appropriate identification is not provided. Members arriving too early or late are forbidden from approaching participating box offices to request tickets
. This action may result in immediate cancellation of membership (without refund).
In the unlikely event that a box office is unable to honor a Play-by-Play reservation, members are asked to cooperate fully with the venue personnel and immediately
inform Play-by-Play of the circumstances. Play-by-Play will refund all service fees when deemed appropriate. Do not
re-approach the box office unless you are willing to pay full price for a ticket.
In the case of an extenuating circumstance or emergency the member is required to contact Play-by-Play, as soon as possible, in order to cancel their reservation. Please leave a voice message if you are unable to cancel a reservation during Play-by-Play business hours.
Any day of cancellations will result in a $10 per ticket penalty fee. Play-by-Play members are forbidden from finding any replacement seat-fillers for their cancelled tickets, as this is considered transferring membership privileges.
Any member arriving late for a specified Play-by-Play ticket distribution will be charged a $10 penalty per ticket.
FAILURE TO COLLECT RESERVED TICKETS
Any member who does not cancel and does not show for any venue pick-up is considered a "No Show" and will be charge $20 per ticket.
STANDARDS OF DECORUM
All members and their guests must follow the appropriate "Standards of Decorum"
established by this organization in conjunction with participating venues. Following these standards helps ensure participating venues will use Play-by-Play for future performances.
STANDARDS OF DRESS
- Please do not question or complain to anyone about a seat assignment.
- Please remember to be polite and respectful to the theatre hosts (just saying "thank you" goes a long way in ensuring that Play-by-Play will be called upon for future performances).
- As members are being used for seat-filling purposes, please remain for the entire performance and, of course, respect other audience members.
- Please refrain from discussing Play-by-Play or its services in participating venues (do not solicit new members on behalf of Play-by-Play or mention that your seats were complimentary to anyone, including your guests while in the venue).
- Any negative discussion of performances in the theater is strictly forbidden.
The goal of Play-by-Play is not only to fill empty seats, but to also "dress the house" for all productions. All members and their guests must follow the appropriate "Standards of Dress"
when attending a function through Play-by-Play. These standards were established by this organization in conjunction with participating venues.
- Smart Casual Attire will be the usual standard for all productions unless Corporate Attire, Dressy Attire or Black Tie is specified.
- When a reservation listing reads Corporate Attire please dress accordingly. Refrain from wearing t-shirts, casual sporting attire (including tennis shoes), beach wear, and medium or light washed denim. Dark denim that is "dressed up" with a dinner jacket/dress shirt or blouse is considered appropriate.
- A listing that reads Dressy Attire requires all men to wear a dinner jacket/tie/dress pant or suit. Women are required to wear a dress pant/ blouse/suit or cocktail dress.
- In the rare event that a listing reads Black Tie, tuxedos are required for men. Women are required to wear an evening gown or a formal cocktail dress.
To contact Play-by-Play, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
and include a daytime phone number or call us at 212-868-7052.
Please leave a voice message if calling outside of business hours.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM and Saturday 11 AM to 3PM.
Play-by-Play is a privately owned organization and reserves the right to refuse membership.